The main function of a data entry clerk is to input statistical, financial and other information into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other software applications using a variety of methods such as typing, scanning, speech recognition software or other data entry tools.
• Receive and register invoices, records, statements and other documents
• Input data into spreadsheets, databases or other computer software applications
• Maintain and update electronic storage files and libraries
• Verify data for completeness and accuracy
• Import and export data between different kinds of software