The main function of a data entry clerk is to input statistical, financial and other information into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other software applications using a variety of methods such as typing, scanning, speech recognition software or other data entry tools.
• Receive and register invoices, records, statements and other documents
• Input data into spreadsheets, databases or other computer software applications
• Maintain and update electronic storage files and libraries
• Verify data for completeness and accuracy
• Import and export data between different kinds of software
The Applicable Majors section below shows fields of study relevant to a career as a Data Entry Clerk. You can search for scholarships matched to those fields of study on our Accounting Scholarships and Business Administration Scholarships pages.
Success Tip: Be sure to apply for any scholarships that you even barely qualify for, as there are millions of dollars of scholarships that go unused every year due to a lack of applicants!
Studying one of the university majors listed below is an excellent starting point for becoming a Data Entry Clerk. Click on the links to find out what else you can do with these majors!